Thursday, January 20, 2011

Pits to Fall In

It has been 20 days since I started my happiness project. I've run in to a decent number of pitfalls in that time - more than I expected to run in to, and in some ways more than I was prepared for.

I found that my enthusiasm for my project waned quickly, and it has been difficult to stick to my goals. This isn't the first time I've felt this way about making changes to my life. I often talk about seeking for change or improvement - which, on an intellectual level, I do want and desire to strive for - but, to be completely honest, my natural disposition tends more toward stagnation and the status quo. Change is very difficult for me to accomplish - it always has been. I blame it on my inclination to remain the same, which I don't yet know how to overcome. Perhaps striving for personal improvement will always be a struggle for me.

I've also had a very difficult time working on what seem like relatively simple goals - a problem which has an overall discouraging affect on me. Even simply tracking my time or my progress on my goals has been a difficult task to consistantly follow through with. 20 days in and more than once I've wanted to throw my arms up in the air and give up.

I've started trying to make some changes to how I do this project, but most of them haven't helped much. I'll talk about those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment